Powered by Blogger.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Stool Reupholstered with Old Feedsack

I've had a couple of things laying around the basement gathering dust. One was an old footstool, and the other was an old feed sack. I've seen people get very creative repurposing feedsacks in a variety of different ways on the blogosphere, so I thought I would give it a try. I don't have any in-process photos to show because this was an experiement. I didn't know if it was going to turn out or if I was even going to like it.

First, I laundered the feedsack and ironed it nice and flat. Then I cut out a piece to match the shape of the stool. I removed (and set aside for later use) the embroidered top off of the footstool, added some padding, and stapled the feedsack to the top. The feedsack material is surprisingly stretchy and easy to work with.


I haven't decided on what to do with the legs yet. Perhaps paint them, but I kinda like the way they look now. They are attached with screws, so it is easy to remove them if I make up my mind later. For now, the little feedsack stool is in my office and my two year old likes to sit on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP